Thursday 26 July 2012

Product Review: Origins No Puffery Cooling Eye Mask

I struggle with dark circles quite a lot, and staring at a laptop or reading all day takes its toll on my eyes. I have quite bad eyesight, and if I overdo it my eyes ache and itch, and definitely get a bit puffy.

I've tried various products to conceal or remedy this, and I learnt early on that there are no miracle cures- only products that will help a little. I bought the No Puffery online without trying it, which I almost never do, and was really excited to try it because I'm a big fan of Origins products anyway and have never had a bad reaction to them. I found this very very cooling and soothing. I didn't put this in the fridge, but I might try doing that next time to make it even more soothing. It starts acting instantly, and the relief was incredible. I didn't notice a huge difference in the appearance of my dark circles, but it had a good effect on the puffiness. My eyes looked less swollen and felt great. It actually made me feel quite wide awake.

I don't know that it demolished my dark circles, but if you work at a computer all day and your eyes get achy and tired and swollen, this is a great little product. I found it gorgeous for mornings when I really hand't had enough sleep. It costs £21 for 30ml, which I found very expensive, but I saved up all my Origins purchases waiting for a good offer, and ended up getting two huge and two medium-sized samples, plus free delivery, so it worked out quite well.

I ended up giving this to my mum as she was hunting for a good product and she also found it very soothing and had slightly better luck with dark circles (hers are not as prominent as mine).

You can buy Origins products from their website as well as counters in John Lewis etc. I prefer waiting for their fantastic offers which are almost as good as Clinique Bonus Time, and then getting free delivery. Boots also occasionally carries offers on Origins products with free stuff, which is also quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment