Thursday 26 July 2012

Nautical Style for the Home



I've been loving nautical style for the home since the Guardian ran this feature in March. That chair is just beautiful, if a wee bit out of my price range as usual, but that anchor cushion and Fresh Oysters bucket are adorable. I would love to have that in the bathroom with spare soaps etc in it.

This Ikea image cinched it for me- that is the PERFECT shade of blue for nautical-themed tableware. I really love this- aside from the shellfish, it's not overtly nautical, but the blue and white combination couldn't be mistaken for anything else. I love the little rope tie around the cutlery; very fun and cute, and it's little touches like that that make a dinner table setting memorable.



1. Sea Shanty Tea Towel, To Dry For 2. Beside the Seaside TinBiscuiteers 3. Life Belt Picture FrameBreeze  4. Leaping Salmon Porcelain Serving PlatterRichard Bramble 5. White Metal Fish on JuteBreeze  6. Mounted Nautical Print, Not on the High Street 7. Yacht Club DoorstepBreeze 8. You Rock My Boat Cushion, Not on the High Street 9. Nautical Bucket Bag, Not on the High Street

Once I'd done the recent nautical post, I knew it was time to incorporate some seaside style into the home. I think these very cute products are nice, and less expensive way, of doing that. I love the tea towel and the bucket bag- practical elements are always twice as nice as something that's purely decorative! That said, I'm a sucker for old prints like these ships, and I love the huge range they have. Cycle through them and pick out the one you like the most! I also love the cheekiness of the You Rock My Boat cushion. Nautical can be a bit serious sometimes, and I'd want to keep that playful element. That's why I included the Biscuiteers Seaside tin. I'm not sure those biscuits would be decorating your house for long but you could always use the tin. They're not cheap, but use the discount code BISC11 for 10% off ;)

Now I just need to hunt down some glossy blue plates- or at the very least one bowl or jug.

First image from the Guardian. Second image from the Ikea Inspiration Blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment