Thursday 26 July 2012

Product Review: Lush You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt


I love Lush bath products, but they often strike me as quite indulgent considering you get maybe two uses out of each bubble bar. They're a treat for me, but I do love them. I was lucky with the You've Been Mangoed Bath Melt as it was given to someone I know in a gift box, and as they have extremely sensitive skin that reacts to literally everything, they passed it on to me as a certified Lush lover.

Now I'm not just a Lush lover...I'm also Indian. And our love of mangoes is well documented. I can vouch that it certainly is a national obsession, and of the many many things I miss living in another country, gorgeous fresh mangoes is very very high on the list. Trust me, there is absolutely nothing like eating a mango in India (ok South Asia).

Ok, moving on. MANGOES. No I'm done, really. So this is apparently made from avocado, mango and cocoa butters, and also scented with lemongrass, lime and lemon essential oils. It smells gorgeous, but actually quite natural somehow, especially compared to the Body Shop mango body butter, which I find quite cloying and overly sweet.

I can't remember what bubble bath I was using at the time, but I remember I found it very drying so I needed extra moisturiser afterwards. However, there was no chance of that when I used this melt. It made the water feel like silk. It was incredibly soft and fragrant, and very very moisturising. I used the whole thing (partly because it had been sitting around for a while) but you can probably slice off pieces and use smaller amounts. I really liked the feel of this, and if you love a nice soak but find them very drying something like this is perfect for you!

Ultimately I love bubbles too much to use this on its own. I combined it with bubbles when I used it and the whole thing was a very very indulgent soak - I stayed in there for hours with a book to make the most of it! I haven't bought another one since just because it's more economical for me to switch to bath products that moisturise and create mountains of bubbles so I can have both rather than buying two separate products. If you're not bothered about bubbles you won't have that problem*.

I might buy one again for the smell though. Probably the next time I feel homesick! It costs £3.10 for 30gm which isn't terrible considering how strong it seems to be. I do wish they'd use the fragrance on something else as well.

*I mean this in the loosest sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment