Thursday 26 July 2012

Product Review: Lush Sugar Scrub


Although I'm a confirmed Lush fan, I'm not so far gone as to not be able to admit it when a product isn't great. I'm a big fan of scrubs and like to try loads. If you don't exfoliate, believe me, start and you'll be doing your skin a huge favour. It makes me feel very energetic, probably because it briefly improves circulation, it's good for your skin tone, and it's fantastic for things like spotty backs and ingrown hairs. I can't say this enough- I've never had a real problem with spots other than on my face, but if I stop exfoliating a few will roll in. I've tried to convince a few of my friends as well, including some men with serious bacne, and those that have picked it up have reported a difference. Not sure why men are so reluctant to start scrubbing, particularly as they seem to have more problems with body spots.

Anyway, I was excited to try a new scrub, and I really liked the smell of this (I know, I say that a lot), but I was warned in the shop not to use it under running water. Most scrubs will dissipate if you use them directly under a water stream, just like most shower gels, so this didn't bother me, but the problem was more that the entire solid scrub crumbled. You need to break pieces off this, and then store it very carefully and make sure you don't leave it in a bathroom where it is exposed to too much humidity. Is this starting to sound like a bit of a chore? It was :( I didn't manage to preserve mine sadly. It got quite hard which made breaking pieces off nigh on impossible, and then it started to crumble. You have to 'pre-break' pieces as well, as if you get the whole thing wet it'll dissolve.

It's quite a scrubby scrub, which I really like, but might be unpopular with other people as it is very scratchy indeed. The smell is fennel, ginger and sugar and I found it unusual and oddly very nice. It costs £2.75 for 100gm, and considering how little use I got out of it, I'll stick to Rub Rub Rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment