Tuesday 31 July 2012

August Wish List

This is my wish list for the moment- fashion that I'm loving and beauty products that I'm craving. There's no way I can buy everything on here, but a few of them won't break the bank!

1. Fruit Print Blouse, Joy the Store 2. Wish Bracelet in Teal, Ayofemi Jewelry on Etsy 3. 1969 Ankle Zip Legging Jeans in Mulberry, Gap 4. Beige Canvas Tote, Leathinity on Etsy


I'm loving sleeveless collared shirts lately- there's something very retro and Betty Draper about them, and while I'm not a fan of her, her style in the first three seasons of Mad Men is undeniably amazing. They're great for summer, and I love the sort of nerdy vibe they give off. I like this one from Joy a lot; the print is great! It's a shame it's polyester, which is the only thing holding me back at the moment (I am a HUGE fabric snob- being in India we took gorgeous cheap cotton for granted) but I might crack and go for it. I also love these skinny zippered legging jeans from Gap- I actually did pick these up in the sale last week and they are AMAZING. I went for a size up actually, for comfort, and it oddly seemed to work. Everything else was ok in my usual size 10, so I suspect these are actually for tiny people. Anyway they're comfortable, the colour is great, and the mulberry is oddly very wearable. I've been pairing it with sleeveless shirts like this one, including a white collared one with a bird print, and I really love the combination.

These little wish bracelets are very cute, and while I think the whole 'make a wish and then wait for it to fall off' thing is more than a little gimmicky, I love the colours. I'm not really a fan of my jewellery falling apart though, so I might sleep on it.

This leather tote is just brilliant. I don't know what to say. The colours are just gorgeous, it'll work well for summer and A/W,  and that yellow panel is just scrumptious. Want.

1. Essie Nail Colour in Glamour Purse 2. Horto Botanico Tomato Soap 3. Black Olive and Argan Oil Scrub, The Body Shop 4. Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter 5. The Balm Cabana Boy 6. Almond Nail and Cuticle Balm, The Body Shop


I've never wanted brown nail polish before. I have brown skin and it usually looks bad- and I really really dislike the trend for mannequin nails as well. Nude is fine, but why would you want an exact match? It's a bit eerie and, well, mannequin. And mannequins are creepy enough anyway. However, this Essie shade in Glamour Purse, is suddenly calling to me. It's a gorgeous shade, and shopping around on the web it looks like a glossy much darker brown than it does in the bottle.

Horto Botanico do these gorgeous soaps that I've always really loved, and there's something about buying tomato and artichoke and lettuce soap that seems just weird enough for me to love it. They smell wonderful and are not very expensive for a luxury soap. Cambridge tip- the store in the Botanical Gardens actually sells these. Cambridge students have free entry!

I am a long-time scrub lover for keeping skin smooth and radiant, and I love shopping around for new ones. They are quite basic in formula really- some more moisturising and some more scrubby, but in general it's hard to get it wrong and I've rarely tried an unsatisfying one. It's probably the bath product I'm most adventurous with. This Body Shop Moroccan Spa scrub looks wonderful and will bring back happy memories of a Moroccan holiday a few years ago.

I have heard sooo much good about these Korres lip butters that I've been craving them for years. It's time for me to take the plunge, I think! Wild rose looks the best for my skin tone, and it's one of my favourite flowers so that'll be it for me. Same for the Balm blushes. Heard great things about the pigmentation and texture and I think it might be time for me to buy a new blush as it has actually been a very very long time and I don't mean that in fashion years (which are like dog years). The cheekily named Cabana Boy looks wonderful and I am dying to try it. Shame I can only find them online as I'm reluctant to spend without actually sampling first. Anybody know any outlets that sell them?


Lastly, my cuticles are in a shameful state. I had a stressful start to the month and bit my nails terribly and now I need to sort them out as I have some new nail polishes (reviews forthcoming!) that I'd like to debut to my office mates. I've not heard much about the Body Shop cuticle oil doohickey, but I like their products in general and am going to give it a go.


      Wanderlust card set from Satchel and Sage on Etsy


Ok ok, I know I said last thing, but these Wanderlust cards are adorable and not very expensive, and hey, it's summer holiday time! Although not for me. But that's why the cards, right?

What are you wishing for at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment