Monday 16 July 2012

Desk Brights

Now that it's summer (hah!) most people are taking it easy, but unfortunately this is a period where us grad students are meant to knuckle down and really get things done. I'm getting my work face on by redoing my desk so that it looks welcoming and nice, rather than buried beneath heaps of papers and work. I'm loving the trend for neon brights this year, and I think adding some pops of colour to my desk can't hurt! After all, anything that cheers you up while you're working through hurricanes in July must be a good thing.

I LOVE these neon accented bright lamps, but they're a little out of my price range. One day :) 
These Pantone boxes are wonderful as well; they come in a great range of colours, and you can get your favourites and stack them up. I love the orange, red and pink together. I store papers in mine, but they would work for most things, and would definitely cheer up your desk with their sleekness and brightness. 

You could go for bright calculators, pen holders, pencil cases, paper clips, mugs- anything really. The main thing about adding colour to your desk is to give it some personality, so pick things you really love and try going for something quirky. How about a Penguin mug of your favourite book or some silly moustache clips to make you laugh?

I also love these cheerful and ethical Betty Books; I use a bright yellow one (made in India!) that I bought at Oxfam, but they're also available from Not On The High Street. I also use very bright Post-its; no one misses a note written on one of those.



And if you really want to add some quirk to your desk, try these

Make your desk your own space- make sure there are things you love on it, and things that make you smile. One of my biggest struggles in life is keeping my desk clean and tidy, and a pleasant place to work. This post is to help me love my desk by making it welcoming and friendly and organised- hopefully it'll help you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment