Thursday 26 July 2012

Product Review: Lush Porridge Soap


I know there are many people who hate the smell of Lush shops, and I'll admit I found them hugely overpowering when I was first outside one, but they've really grown on me and I'm a loyal fan now. I bought this Porridge soap when it was new based on the smell and the promise of oaty scrubbing as I showered. 

Alright, this is one of the worst soaps I've ever tried. The scent really does remind me of hot sweet oaty porridge, and I look wistfully at it when I see it in Lush shops, but the texture was just terrible. Within a week or two, the outer soap had been used up so it was very knobbly all over. It seemed to be almost just a layer of oats. It stopped lathering and the scrubbing didn't feel very nice either as it was quite scratchy- and I love some quite scrubby scrubs. 

I bought this in 2009, so if I hear they've changed the formula but not the fragrance I'd love to try it again. But honestly, it wasn't very good as it was. 

The story does have a funny ending though...I came home one day to find out I'd left the bathroom door open and the dogs had eaten it*. I guess it's yummy oatiness was its downfall?! 

*I wish I was making this up! Perhaps they just took it and buried it in the garden? They didn't seem to suffer any ill effects though, so don't worry- no dogs were harmed in the making of this post ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment