Thursday 26 July 2012

Product Review: Lush Godiva Solid Shampoo


Another eco-friendly post! When I heard about the Lush solid shampoos, years ago, I really wanted to try one but was sort of suspicious. Not sure why...it just seemed a little weird to me. I finally bought one of these for a long trip, as I thought it would be a lot easier than carrying liquid shampoo around. My first try using it, I rubbed it all over my head for ages without it lathering and was enormously annoyed as I thought I'd been massively ripped off. As soon as I put it down and actually started working the product in with some water, it lathered gloriously. It works pretty much exactly as a liquid shampoo would, so rest assured the formula is great.

I bought the Godiva because I honestly thought some of the others smelled unbearable. This one smells of jasmine and is extra moisturising. I found the smell fantastic, and it's really lovely in hair. The name Godiva and the tagline 'For when hair is all you want to wear' made me smile; there is something quite sensual and sexy about having your hair smell of jasmine.

It is fairly moisturising and Lush describes it as giving a 'more conditioning wash' but I wouldn't use this without a conditioner. It costs £6.25 for a 55gm bar, which seems pricey, but it honestly lasted >3 months. It broke in half after while, but not a problem if you're storing it in a tin (see below).

All in all, this is a lovely formula and the fragrance is very lovely, floral and gorgeous. I like solid products as they're more environmentally friendly, and this is definitely good for travelling although you'll probably have to invest in one of their shampoo bar tins to transport it properly. If you're travelling through the US, or taking budget airlines and would like to avoid paying hold luggage charges, this is perfect. Solid shampoo, proper soap, and face wipes instead of liquid make up remover would be my top tips for being able to take your toiletries into the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment