Thursday 26 July 2012

Product Review: Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum

I bought this Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum because I was growing my hair quite long and it was getting a bit split-endy and so dry and frizzy at the ends. I tested a bunch of different products to try to find something to deal with the problem, and jumped at this one when I saw it in the Body Shop. I lingered for a while, testing it extensively and then bought it on the spot.

This product smells gorgeous; I don't know what grapeseed oil smells like, but this is a lovely citrusy scent that lingers. A friend of mine even told me my hair smelled fantastic and asked what I was using, which is always a good sign. I found it definitely makes my hair glossier, and it helps a lot with dryness at the tips and flyaways. It's more of a styling product than a treatment though, and it'll disguise the split ends but can't do much about them (not that anything can actually put split hair back together...).

I have to say, I love it. I really like how it makes my hair look, it's very easy to apply and makes my hair more manageable, and although you pay £7 for 75ml you only use a tiny amount each time. I use 1-3 pumps depending on how dry and dull my hair looks.

I usually spray a little onto my fingers and then gently work it in, making sure to spread it around. I also experimented with spraying it directly onto the hair which I DO NOT recommend as it ends up clumping in one section that way, which means you have one really greasy section of hair and the rest stay frizzy. Beautiful. I would also recommend not over-using it as it basically like putting oil in your hair - which I do quite often, but I try not to leave the house that way! I use it maybe 1-2 times between washes, but if you don't tend to wash your hair regularly I wouldn't recommend loading up on this product every morning as it will slowly build up to greasiness after 3 days, which I think is fair enough as almost all styling products accumulate like that.

Do I recommend buying this? Well, if you have dry, dull, frizzy hair and would like something to smooth it down and make it shiny between washes, then this is a really wonderful little product. It fits in your handbag, it's certainly more eco-friendly than using loads and loads of hairspray, and it smells really nice. I would say give it a go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment